World Cup 2015
Round Robin Stage
1. Each team will play one 5 frames match against each other team in the group.
2. In a match, each player will play one frame against the other players in the opposing team; frames 1-2 & 4-5. The third frame in each match will involve players in each team playing a doubles frame with each player taking alternate turns.
3. The top 2 teams from each group will progress to the next round in the tournament.
4. Teams must take part in all round robin matches in that round of the Tournament for their results in that round to count.
5. One point will be awarded for each frame won.
6. The number of frames won will determine the group positions.
7. In determining the top two positions in each group, should there be an equal number of frames won by two or more teams, then the following criteria will determine the final position of each team in each group:
- If two teams are equal, the winner of the match between the two teams who are equal
- If two or more teams are tied a sudden death blue ball shoot out will be played between the teams who are equal. The blue ball will be placed on its spot and the cue-ball must be struck from within the D. The teams will toss a coin to determine who will go first. Each player in each team will take turns to pot the blue from its spot.
8. In determining positions 3-5 in each group, should there be an equal number of frames won by two or more teams they shall remain tied in the group. The respective prize money for each group position will totalled and shared equally between the tied teams.
Knock Out Stage
9. Each team will play one best of 6 frames match against the opposing team.
10. In a match, each player will play one frame against the other players in the opposing team and both players in each team will play two doubles frames with each player taking alternate turns. This will be played as follows:
Frame 1 – singles
Frame 2 – singles
Frame 3 – doubles
Frame 4 – singles
Frame 5 – singles
Frame 6 – doubles
Frame 7 – singles (if required)
11. In the event of a tie; the team captains will each nominate a player to play a further one frame to determine the winner of the match.
12. Players are not permitted to play in consecutive single frames.
13. The winning team will progress to the next round in the tournament
14. If at any stage in the Tournament a player fails to play in any match in the.Tournament he shall be deemed to have officially withdrawn from the Tournament.
15. Reserve players are permitted at any stage in the Tournament, at the discretion of the tournament director.
16. If a team withdraws from the Tournament for whatever reason, all matches in which they have played and results scored by them and their opponent in the round in which they have withdrawn shall be considered null and void.