2017 Paul Hunter Classic Last 16
2017 China Championship Last 16
2017 Riga Masters Last 64
- Ford reached his first ranking final in 2016/17 at the Paul Hunter Classic. He lost out to Mark Selby. The Leicester potter went on to qualify for the Crucible for the third time at the season’s climactic event, beating Iran’s Hossein Vafaei in the final round of World Championship qualifying. However, he was defeated at the first hurdle of the main event against Barry Hawkins.
- He started his 2015/16 campaign strongly at the 2015 Riga Open. The Leicester potter won six games to reach the final, where he eventually lost to Barry Hawkins.
- He also went on a great run to the last 16 of the UK Championship, which included a thrilling 6-5 win over Mark Williams in the last 64.
- Ford reached the semi-finals of a ranking event for the first time at the 2013 Players Championship Grand Finals in Ireland. He beat Marco Fu 4-1 in the quarter-final and had chances to see off Neil Robertson in the semis before being edged out 4-3.
- In 2012, he got to the semi-finals of the one-frame Shoot-Out in Blackpool before losing to Graeme Dott.
- A year earlier Ford won PTC11 in Sheffield. He beat the likes of Judd Trump and Graeme Dott to reach the final, then edged out Martin Gould 4-3 to take the £10,000 top prize.
- Ford made the first competitive maximum break of his career at the 2007 Grand Prix during a 4-0 defeat of Steve Davis. Remarkably Ford had been hospitalised with gastroenteritis in the early hours of the morning, but discharged himself because he was determined to take on Davis.
2017 World Championship Last 32
2017 China Open Last 128
2017 Gibraltar Open Last 64
2017 Shoot Out Last 128
2017 Welsh Open Last 128
2017 World Grand Prix Last 32
2016 German Masters Quarter-final
2016 Scottish Open Last 128
2016 UK Championship Last 128
2016 Northern Ireland Open Last 64
2016 International Championship Last 32
2016 English Open Last 16
2016 European Masters Last 16
2016 Shanghai Masters Last 96
2016 Paul Hunter Classic Runner-up
2016 World Open Last 32
2016 Indian Open Last 128
2016 Riga Masters Last 64