2018 Northern Ireland Open Last 64
2018 International Championship Last 32
2018 English Open Last 32
2018 European Masters Semi-final
2018 China Championship Last 16
2018 Paul Hunter Classic Last 32
2018 Yushan World Open Last 128
2018 Riga Masters Last 16
- 1 ranking event win: 2016 Northern Ireland Open
- King’s most significant performance of the 2017/18 campaign saw him reach the last eight at the 2017 UK Championship. His run to the quarter-finals was eventually ended by Shaun Murphy
- An emotional Mark King sealed the first ranking event title of his 25-year career at the 2016 Northern Ireland Open in Belfast. King claimed the crown thanks to a thrilling defeat of Barry Hawkins in the final. He trailed the Hawk 5-1, but clawed his way back into the match and claimed the Alex Higgins Trophy with a 9-8 win on an evening of high drama at the Titanic Exhibition Centre.
- King had a successful 2015/16 campaign, reaching three quarter-finals and a semi-final. At the 2016 China Open he won five matches, including wins over Ali Carter and Shaun Murphy, to reach the last-eight where he lost to Judd Trump
- The Romford potter made the semi-final of Paul Hunter Classic seeing off the likes of Kyren Wilson and Jamie Jones, before losing a final frame decider against Shaun Murphy.
- The season ended in disappointment for King as he agonisingly missed out on a Crucible place, losing 10-8 to Michael Holt in the final round of World Championship qualifying.
- At the 2013 World Championship, King registered a shock at the Crucible with a superb 10-8 defeat of Mark Allen. In the last 16 he threatened another surprise when he led Ding Junhui 6-2, but eventually lost 13-9.
- King’s first ranking final was the 1997 Welsh Open when he accounted for the likes of Steve Davis and Mark Williams, but lost 9-2 to Stephen Hendry.
- The second was the 2004 Irish Masters when he embarked on a giant-killing run with wins over Hendry, Jimmy White, Graeme Dott and local favourite Ken Doherty. But Peter Ebdon denied him the silverware with a 10-7 success.
- King briefly took to the ring in a three-round boxing contest which he lost against Quinten Hann at the infamous Pot Whack in London in 2004.
2018 World Championship Last 144
2018 China Open Last 32
2018 Romanian Masters Last 16
2018 Gibraltar Open Last 64
2018 Welsh Open Last 128
2018 World Grand Prix Last 32
2018 Shoot Out Last 64
2017 German Masters Last 64
2017 Scottish Open Last 128
2017 UK Championship Quarter-final
2017 Northern Ireland Open Last 32
2017 Shanghai Masters Last 64
2017 Champion of Champions Last 16
2017 International Championship Last 32
2017 English Open Last 128
2017 European Masters Last 64
2017 Yushan World Open Last 64
2017 Indian Open Semi-finals
2017 Paul Hunter Classic Last 16
2017 China Championship Last 64
2017 Riga Masters Last 64
2017 World Championship Last 48
2017 China Open Last 64
2017 Players Championship Last 16
2017 Gibraltar Open Last 64
2017 Shoot Out Last 32
2017 Welsh Open Last 64
2017 World Grand Prix Quarter-final
2017 German Masters Last 16
2016 Scottish Open Last 64
2016 UK Championship Last 128
2016 Northern Ireland Open Winner
2016 International Championship Last 64
2016 English Open Last 64
2016 European Masters Last 128
2016 Shanghai Masters Last 48
2016 World Open Last 64
2016 Indian Open Last 64
2016 Riga Masters Last 64