2018 German Masters Last 32
2017 Scottish Open Last 128
2017 UK Championship Last 64
2017 Northern Ireland Open Last 16
2017 Shanghai Masters Last 32
2017 International Championship Last 64
2017 English Open Last 64
2017 European Masters Last 16
2017 Yushan World Open Quarter-final
2017 Indian Open Quarter-final
2017 Paul Hunter Classic Last 32
2017 China Championship Last 32
2017 Riga Masters Last 64
- 2016/17 saw Gilbert have one of his most consistent seasons on the World Snooker Tour. He appeared in quarter-finals at the 2016 World Open and 2017 Shoot Out. However, Gilbert was left disconsolate after his final frame of the season. A two hour three minute decider with Fergal O’Brien in the final round of World Championship qualifying was the longest frame in professional snooker history. Gilbert came out on the wrong side and was edged out 10-9.
- Gilbert reached his first ever ranking event final at the 2015 International Championship in Daqing. He won six matches, including a 6-5 quarter-final win over Marco Fu, to earn a place in the final against John Higgins. However, Scotland’s Higgins was too strong, running out a 10-5 winner.
- Victories over the likes of Peter Ebdon and Barry Hawkins also saw Gilbert reach semi-finals of the 2015 Ruhr Open, where he suffered a 4-3 defeat to Tian Pengfei.
- He ended his season strongly reaching the Crucible stages of the 2016 World Championship. He put in a strong performance against Ronnie O’Sullivan, before eventually losing 10-7.
- Gilbert made the first official 147 break of his career during the 2015 Championship League.
- In 2013, he reached the semi-finals of a professional tournament for the first at the Rotterdam Open. Beating the likes of Ryan Day and Stephen Maguire to reach the last four before being edged out 4-3 by Mark Selby.
- Gilbert teetered on the brink of snooker oblivion at the end of the 2010/11 season. He dropped off the main tour and was forced to qualify through Q-School. The Staffordshire pro beat Allan Taylor in the final round of event three to regain his tour card.
- He used to work for his dad’s farming company, doing jobs such as planting trees and picking potatoes.
2017 World Championship Last 48
2017 China Open Last 64
2017 Gibraltar Open Last 32
2017 Shoot Out Quarter-final
2017 Welsh Open Last 128
2017 World Grand Prix Last 32
2017 German Masters Last 16
2016 Scottish Open Last 128
2016 UK Championship Last 16
2016 Northern Ireland Open Last 32
2016 International Championship Last 64
2016 English Open Last 32
2016 European Masters Last 32
2016 Shanghai Masters Last 16
2016 Six Red World Championship Last 32
2016 Paul Hunter Classic Last 64
2016 World Open Quarter-final
2016 Indian Open Last 128
2016 Riga Masters Last 16