2018 German Masters Last 64
2017 Scottish Open Runner-up
2017 UK Championship Last 64
2017 Northern Ireland Open Last 128
2017 Shanghai Masters Last 32
2017 International Championship Last 64
2017 English Open Last 64
2017 European Masters Semi-final
2017 Yushan World Open Last 16
2017 Indian Open Last 64
2017 China Championship Last 64
2017 Riga Masters Last 64
- Cao nearly had a dream week at the 2017 Scottish Open. He made the first 147 of his career in an opening round clash with Andrew Higginson and went all of the way to the final. He led Neil Robertson 8-4, before a collapse saw the Australian inflict a heartbreaking 9-8 defeat on Cao.
- The Chinese star beat Mark Williams on a run to the last four of the 2017 European Masters in Belgium. It was the best ranking showing of his career to date.
- Cao lost his tour card at the end of the 2015/16 season but bounced straight back, reclaiming his place at Q School event 1 beating Joe Roberts 4-0 in the final round. His best run of the season saw him reach the last 16 of the Shoot Out.
- Cao’s best career run to date was at the 2012 World Championship where he had a fine tournament, beating Mark Allen on his way to the last 16 where he was eventually knocked out by Ryan Day.
- He also had a notable run in the 2013 Wuxi Classic, where he reached the quarter-final after beating the likes of Michael White, Barry Hawkins and Ben Woollaston.
- Cao is based in Romford and is known as Eric in the UK.
- He qualified for the pro tour for the first time by winning the 2011 Asian Under-21 Championship. He beat Hossein Vafaei in the final.
2017 World Championship Last 144
2017 China Open Last 128
2017 Shoot Out Last 16
2017 Welsh Open Last 128
2017 German Masters Last 128
2016 Scottish Open Last 128
2016 UK Championship Last 128
2016 Northern Ireland Open Last 128
2016 International Championship Last 128
2016 English Open Last 128
2016 European Masters Last 128
2016 Shanghai Masters Last 128
2016 Paul Hunter Classic Last 64
2016 World Open Last 64
2016 Indian Open Last 128