2018 German Masters Last 128
2018 Masters Last 16
2017 Scottish Open Last 64
2017 UK Championship Last 64
2017 Northern Ireland Open Last 32
2017 Shanghai Masters Last 128
2017 Champion of Champions Last 16
2017 International Championship Last 64
2017 English Open Semi-final
2017 European Masters Quarter-final
2017 Yushan World Open Quarter-final
2017 Indian Open Runner-up
2017 China Championship Last 64
2017 Riga Masters Quarter-final
- 2 Ranking event wins: 2016 Indian Open and 2017 Shoot Out
- McGill made a significant breakthrough at the start of the 2016/17 season, winning his first ever ranking title at the Indian Open in Hyderabad. The Scot dispatched 2015 World Champion Stuart Bingham 4-0, as well as scoring wins over the likes of Stephen Maguire and Shaun Murphy on his run to the final. He faced Kyren Wilson in a match between two of snooker’s strongest up and coming talents. McGill secured the title with a 5-2 victory. He claimed his second silverware of the campaign at the one frame Shoot Out, where he defeated Xiao Guodong in the final.
- The most impressive run of McGill’s 2015/16 campaign came at the World Championships in Sheffield. During qualifying he was pegged back from 9-5 up to 9-9 against Craig Steadman, but held his nerve to get over the line in the decider. In the last 32 McGill put in a memorable Crucible performance, compiling two century breaks on his way to a 10-8 win over 2005 World Champion Shaun Murphy. The Scot bowed out 13-9 at the last 16 stage against Marco Fu.
- In the opening 2014/15 event, McGill enjoyed a run to the semi-finals of the Riga Open, beating Judd Trump in the last eight before a narrow 4-3 loss against Mark Allen.
- He then drew the attention of the wider viewing public with a run to the quarter-finals of the UK Championship in York. He scored a 6-5 win over boyhood idol John Higgins then had chances to beat Ronnie O’Sullivan before bowing out in a 6-4 defeat.
- McGill backed that run up with another fantastic performance at the 2015 World Championships. He won three matches in qualifying to reach the Crucible and beat Stephen Maguire 10-9 in the opening round. The Scot then scored a fantastic win over defending champion Mark Selby 13-9 before succumbing to a 13-8 loss against Murphy in the quarter-finals.
- McGill has been a national champion at under-14, 16, 19 and 21 level. He was runner-up to Stuart Carrington in Junior Pot Black in 2006.
2017 World Championship Last 32
2017 China Open Last 64
2017 Players Championship Last 16
2017 Gibraltar Open Last 64
2017 Shoot Out Winner
2017 Welsh Open Last 64
2017 World Grand Prix Last 16
2017 German Masters Last 128
2016 Scottish Open Last 64
2016 UK Championship Last 64
2016 Northern Ireland Open Last 32
2016 Champion of Champions Last 16
2016 China Championship Last 16
2016 International Championship Last 64
2016 English Open Last 64
2016 European Masters Quarter-final
2016 Shanghai Masters Last 32
2016 Paul Hunter Classic Last 64
2016 World Open Quarter-final
2016 Indian Open Winner
2016 Riga Masters Quarter-final