2018 Shoot Out Last 128
2018 German Masters Last 32
2017 Scottish Open Last 64
2017 UK Championship Last 64
2017 Northern Ireland Open Last 128
2017 Shanghai Masters Last 32
2017 International Championship Last 64
2017 English Open Last 128
2017 European Masters Last 32
2017 Yushan World Open Last 128
2017 Indian Open Last 64
2017 Paul Hunter Classic Last 32
2017 China Championship Last 16
2017 Riga Masters Last 64
- 2 Ranking event wins: 1994 Dubai Classic, 1996 Thailand Open
- 1994 Masters winner
- McManus struggled with a back injury during the 2016/17 season and that affected his results. His best run came at the World Open in Yushan, where he reached the last 16.
- He rolled back the years at the 2016 World Championship, with a magnificent run to the semi-finals in Sheffield. After coming through three qualifying matches at Ponds Forge, he defeated fellow Scot Stephen Maguire 10-7 at the Crucible. He then came through tough tests against Ali Carter and John Higgins, winning both matches 13-11 to reach the one table set up. In the last four McManus faced Ding Junhui who made a record breaking seven centuries to end the Scot’s run 17-11 in a high quality semi-final.
- In the 2015/16 season McManus reached the last 16 of four ranking events, including a run to the quarter-finals of the Shanghai Masters, where he knocked out Ronnie O’Sullivan and Stephen Maguire.
- He reached the quarter-finals of the 2014 World Championships beating Mark Williams, John Higgins and Ken Doherty before losing to eventual winner Mark Selby.
- The Glaswegian’s finest moment in snooker came at the Wembley Conference Centre in 1994 when he beat Stephen Hendry 9-8 in a classic Masters final- the first match Hendry had ever lost in the event.
- McManus won two ranking titles, beating Peter Ebdon 9-6 in the final of the Dubai Classic and Ken Doherty 9-8 at the 1996 Thailand Open.
- Considered one of the best tactical players in the sport, McManus is nicknamed ‘Angles’ because of his knowledge of the table and ability to escape from snookers.
- McManus is an accomplished golfer, despite employing an unorthodox cross-handed grip. He has also developed a reputation as an excellent television pundit through his work on snooker for ITV.
2017 World Championship Last 80
2017 China Open Last 64
2017 Shoot Out Last 128
2017 Welsh Open Last 128
2017 German Masters Last 128
2016 Scottish Open Last 128
2016 UK Championship Last 64
2016 Northern Ireland Open Last 64
2016 International Championship Last 128
2016 English Open Last 64
2016 European Masters Last 128
2016 Shanghai Masters Last 48
2016 Paul Hunter Classic Last 32
2016 World Open Last 16
2016 Riga Masters Last 128