We are seeking to add a Media Officer, based in China, to our team.
This full-time role will be based in Beijing and will include working at snooker tournaments throughout China and beyond.
Key roles and responsibilities
• Managing World’s Snooker’s media operation in China. Reporting to the Head of Media in the UK, the Media Officer will oversee World Snooker’s media activity in China.
• Working closely with both World Snooker and its digital partner in China (Rigour Media) on the output of content on official platforms including Weibo, WeChat, Toutiao and Miaopai. Helping to deliver key messages and ensure that the content is informative, accurate and entertaining, and hits targets on the quality and quantity of output. Ensuring that all content reflects World Snooker and the sport of snooker in a positive light.
• Building relationships with key media in China and working with newspaper, television, radio and online journalists to maximise the quality and quantity of coverage. Growing the profile of snooker and its players through the media and enhancing the reputation of the sport.
• Assisting in the promotion of major snooker tournaments in China. Using digital content and working with national and regional media, building the reputation of these events with the intention to increase interest among fans and grow ticket sales.
• Working with key stakeholders including promoters and government bodies before and during major snooker events in China, including the China Open, Shanghai Masters, World Open, China Championship, International Championship and others. Assisting in the planning and delivery of the media aspects of these events. Assisting on the accreditation process and ensuring that official guidelines are followed by media. Assisting on PR events such as red carpet ceremonies, working alongside World Snooker, players and partners on the delivery of these events.
• Managing World Snooker’s media operation at snooker tournaments in China. Working alongside promoters to run the media centre at these events. For example organising press conferences, interviews between players and media, providing information to journalists, and working with World Snooker colleagues and partners on official content.
• Generally working with World Snooker, the WPBSA and partners in China on the development of the sport of snooker, enhancing and protecting the reputation of the sport and the players.
Key skills required
• Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English, both written and spoken.
• Experience in the public relations field and dealing with media.
• Thorough knowledge of digital media platforms including Weibo, WeChat, Toutiao and Miaopai.
• Good knowledge of the sport of snooker preferred.
• Knowledge of the commercial side of sport and sports rights preferred.
• Good editorial skills preferred, especially the ability to oversee content.
• Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure.
• Prepared to travel and to work unsociable hours / weekends.
• Ability to co-operate and communicate effectively with colleagues, players, media and stakeholders.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the team at one of the world’s fastest growing sports.
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Friday June 15th, 2018