The final line-up for the 2018 Betfred World Championship has today been announced by snooker’s world governing body the WPBSA and World Snooker.
Once again, the top 16 players on the world ranking list following the conclusion of the ongoing Fuhua Group China Open will be seeded straight through to the final stages of the tournament at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre which will be played from 21 April – 7 May 2018.
The rest of the field will be made up of 113 main tour players, including Invitational Tour Card holders Ken Doherty and Jimmy White. The only two current professionals not to enter are Boonyarit Keattikun and Kritsanut Lertsattayatthorn of Thailand. The professionals will be joined by 15 amateur players, who have achieved success through the WPBSA qualifying criteria set out below:
- 3 – WSF Championship 2018 semi-finalists* – Adam Stefanów (POL), Kristjan Helgason (ISL), Kacper Filipiak (POL)
- 1 – WSF Seniors Championship 2018 winner – Igor Figueiredo (BRA)
- 1 – WLBS World Women’s Championship 2018 winner – Ng On Yee (HK)
- 1 – EBSA European Championship 2018 winner – Harvey Chandler (ENG)
- 1 – EBSA European Championship 2018 runner-up – Jordan Brown (NIR)
- 1 – EBSA European U-21 Championship 2018 runner-up – Tyler Rees (WAL)
- 1 – EBSA European U-18 Championship 2018 winner – Jackson Page (WAL)
- 1 – EBSA Order of Merit 2017/18 – Jamie Cope (ENG)
- 1 –World Seniors Championship 2018 winner – Aaron Canavan (JEY)
- 1 – WLBS World Ranking No.2 – Reanne Evans (ENG)
- 1 – OBSF Oceania Championship 2018 winner – Adrian Ridley (AUS)
- 2 – WPBSA Development invitations – Ryan Thomerson (AUS), Marvin Lim (SGP)
*WSF Championship winner Luo Honghao could not accept his nomination due to visa issues.
The draw for the qualifiers, which will return to the English Institute for Sport for the first time since 2013 from 11 April, will be made following the China Open. Each of the players competing must win three matches to qualify for the final stages of snooker’s most prestigious tournament.
Tickets for the qualifiers are on sale now – for details call 0114 2233777 or CLICK HERE