This weekend’s World Seniors Championship, featuring many of snooker’s great names, will be sponsored by 888sport for the first time.
The 888sport World Seniors Championship runs on Saturday January 30 and Sunday January 31 at the Guild Hall in Preston, televised live on Sky Sports.
Mark Williams won the title on his debut in the event last year and will be defending the crown against the likes of Jimmy White, John Parrott, Ken Doherty and Joe Johnson. In all there are 16 players, aged 40 and over, chasing the £18,000 top prize.
World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: “We are delighted to welcome 888sport on board for what is a wonderful celebration of snooker. 888sport has sponsored a variety of our events in the past so they are fully aware of how popular snooker is on a global scale.
“The World Seniors is a fabulous event which brings together legends of the past three decades. It’s a lot of fun for the players, but once the first ball is struck it is serious business. The Guild Hall is a historic snooker venue and any fans lucky enough to have a ticket are ready for a weekend of marvellous entertainment.”
Itai Pazner, SVP B2C 888.com, said: “We are absolutely delighted to be sponsoring the World Seniors Snooker Championship. With once the world’s best players vying against each other like old times, this promises to be the biggest and most competitive tournament yet. May the best man win!”
Tickets for the tournament are still available and start at just £10, but fans must book fast because they are selling out. For details call 01772 804444 or CLICK HERE
The full draw and format is:
Peter Ebdon v Nigel Bond
Mark Williams v Anthony Hamilton
Tony Drago v Robert Milkins
Joe Johnson v Darren Morgan
Ken Doherty v Mark Davis
John Parrott v Dominic Dale
Rory McLeod v Fergal O’Brien
Jimmy White v Gary Lees
• 888sport.com features thousands of pre-match and in-play betting markets on sports from around the world every day
• 888sport is leading sponsor of sporting events in the United Kingdom and is an official betting partner of nine Championship football clubs
• 888sport.com’s parent company, 888.com, has been at the forefront of the online gaming industry since 1997
• 888.com can be used in 22 different languages in 176 countries worldwide
• 888.com is committed to an industry-leading corporate responsibility programme, and provides a safe, fun, fair, regulated and secure gaming environment
• 888.com is licenced and regulated by the Government of Gibraltar and is listed on the London Stock Exchange